We value those who trust us with the sale of their treasures.
From the moment of drop-off or pick-up through the close of sale, we focus on the careful handling of your items, and take care to ensure your items are sold at their full market value.
Our streamlined sale process is second nature to us but can raise questions from our consignors. Here are answers to some of the most commonly asked questions:
Where can I find my items at Gateway Gallery, 643 Kriner Road?
We move a lot of merchandise in one day! To do so efficiently, we divide items between our three auction galleries:
- Our back gallery offers general household items, decorative items and personal property grouped by tray lot. In general, you will find your items will be grouped in the same quadrant of the room and labeled by seller code/color.
- Our furniture gallery includes modern furniture, appliances, etc.
- Our main gallery features your collectibles and the most sought-after items displayed in locked and lighted showcases, with quality furniture prominently displayed.
How do I view my items online?
ALL auction items may be viewed in our photo gallery at www.gatewayauction.com/upcoming-auctions/ by 5 p.m. on the Friday before the sale. They are listed in order of sale date.
To find your items:
- Click on the name of the auction (this is the underlined title)
- Click underneath the small photo where it says CLICK TO VIEW
- Photos begin with vehicles, followed by our showcases, then hanging wall items, main gallery furniture, furniture gallery and back gallery. You can scroll through the photos to view all of your items. As you scan the back gallery tray lots, remember your items will be designated by seller code/color. NOTE: There are frequently hundreds of photos, so please be patient.
How will buyers bid on my items?
We have a different bidder pool for each gallery (think of it as multiple auctions within the auction).
- Back gallery: live, in-house bidding; phone/email bidding; absentee/left bids
- Furniture gallery: live, in-house bidding; phone, email/bidding; absentee/left bids
- Main gallery: live, in-house bidding; online/real-time bidding; phone/email bidding; absentee bids
- Only our main gallery items are part of the online auction, which generally begins at 1:30 p.m. on auction day
- Photos of every lot are available online for potential buyers to preview
- We use HiBid and/or Invaluable auction platforms-both are readily accessible through our website at gatewayauction.com
When do I get my settlement payment?
A settlement packet—including a computerized printout and summation of the proceeds due to you, along with your guaranteed check—is mailed within 10 business days after the sale. If you do not receive your check and it has been at least 10 days, please contact us at 717-263-6512.
We thank YOU for your business!