The nature of our small business here at Gateway isn’t quite like other ones. Our live auctions occur on set days – so while we won’t physically be open this Small Business Saturday, there are some ways you can #ShopSmall with us! We currently have 3 online auctions open.
- Micro Monday – Bidding opens November 21st at 10 AM EST – closes Monday, November 26th at 7 PM EST
- This one includes a variety of items including collectibles, books, comics, ephemera, film & vintage light shades
- O & HO Scale Model Trains – bidding open now with a live auction on December 1st at 10 AM EST
- Find the perfect train to set up under your tree!
- Coins & Currency – bidding open until December 13th at 5 PM EST
- (304) cataloged lots including Key Indian Cents; bulk silver; Morgan Dollars including 1890 CC; Commemoratives; 1877 Trade Dollar; 1989 $5.00 Gold; Peace Dollars including 1921; Currency; Barber Halves Proof/Mint Sets & much more.
Small Business Saturday has become a fixture over the last 8 years in the post-Thanksgiving, Holiday shopping frenzy. It’s backed by American Express & the concept first launched back in 2010. According to American Express’ Small Business Saturday About Page, “Since Small Business Saturday started, U.S. customers have reported spending an estimated total of $85 billion1 at independent retailers and restaurants — that’s $85 billion over 8 days alone.”
So mark your calendar for Nov 24th — the Saturday after Thanksgiving — and get ready to Shop Small® with us by bidding in one of our online auctions!
You can help get the word out and celebrate Small Business Saturday by using #ShopSmall on Facebook, Instagram and all your social networks.